Are you having problems with spiders at your property? Do you need a spider control experts? Then you are in the right place.
There are various species of spiders in Australia. Most of the back yards have plenty of them. Many are relatively harmless, some will give you a nasty bite, and others like the Red Back, the Funnel Web and the White-Tailed Spider are capable of making the recipient of the bite quite ill.
There aren’t too many of us that like spiders, so whether they’re harmless or not, it’s safe to say that most of us would prefer that all varieties of spiders stayed well away from our home!
Queanbeyan Spider Pest Control
Your Queanbeyan pest control expert can assist you with this pest by treating your home once a year to deter spiders. If you have young children or you’re frightened of spiders, annual spider pest control would be something I would highly recommend to keep the number of spiders down.
There are a few things else you can do to make your home less inviting to spiders:
- Avoid storing or stacking things up against the outside walls of your home. You may have noticed that Red Backs in particular like to hide behind things. When you have a tidy up to clear these items, wear gloves and move items with caution.
- If you have a garage or shed, keep it tidy and clean – spiders like to build webs in between or behind items so stacks of boxes and unused items can be an ideal environment. Spiders seem to prefer peace and quiet so a nice dark, infrequently used garden shed makes the perfect home.
- Spiders eat other insects so taking steps to control other insect populations around the home may also help. If you have a problem with other insects, speak to your pest technician for advice.
- In between spider control treatments, consider using a surface spray in the areas you know spiders like to frequent.
- Ensure fly screens are properly fitted to your windows, and if you don’t have fly screens, consider investing in them – open windows and loose or torn fly screens are an easy entry point for spiders.
- Spiders aren’t always easy to get rid of but being persistence and diligent can pay off in keeping the area outside your home free from clutter, regularly cleaning behind outdoor furniture, and calling out one of the Queanbeyan professional pest control team once a year will help to minimize the number of spiders you see around your home.
If you don’t want to be invaded by this creepy and scary pest, speak to us at Queanbeyan Pest Control about spider control maintenance.
Call us on 0488 404 885 or send us a message if you have pest problems going out of hand.